Thursday, May 3, 2012

Aamir Khan Promoting His Tv Show Satyameva Jayate

Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan promoted his first upcoming television programme Satyameva Jayate here this week. The television show is based on real stories, which would be broadcasted on Doordarshan and Star Plus simultaneously in eight different languages. Speaking to

midiapersons, Khan emphasised that people should come forward to support the social causes in order to strengthen democracy in the country.

"While I am not an activist, but there are other people, who have devoted their lives to different issues that are close to them and 24/7 I involved with those issues. When I am not an activist, I am not able to do that on full time basis but I would still as an Indian and I would like to believe as a sensitive human being, I would like to lend my voice and support to different people then I feel that what they are saying is making sense to me and I feel that all of us should do it. It''s not only one of us. All of us should do that. That''s how democracy is built and get stronger," said Khan.

The 47-year-old actor described his show as an ambitious project and said that journey was an emotive roller coaster. He further said that with this show, he wanted to reach out to a larger audience.

On being asked if he was interested in politics, he replied that politics was not something that attracted him. He believed himself to be an entertainer and enjoyed connecting with people.

Khan hailed cricketer Sachin Tendulkar's nomination to the Rajya Sabha.

"I know Sachin to be someone who is a person of higher dignity. He is a very honest and straightforward person. I know him to be very sensible and intelligent and these are the qualities that I would like to see in a person who is being nominated in the Rajya Sabha (upper house of the federal parliament). So, I think that it's a good selection that has been made, and having received the invitation, I think that he must have thought about it a great deal, and the fact that he has accepted that invitation, means that he himself also feels that he has something to contribute," said Khan.

The music director of popular Bollywood movie Dehli Belly, Ram Sampath, has composed the theme songs for Satyameva Jayate, whereas Prasoon Joshi has written the lyrics. Singer Keerthi Sagathia has sung the songs.

The show will be aired every Sunday from May 06 onwards. Khan has already acted in over 40 films and won several awards for his high-octane performance.

His movie Lagaan became the third Hindi-language film after Mother India and Salaam Bombay was nominated for Academy Awards in the category of best foreign language film.

He received the first National film award (special jury award) for his performance in the Bollywood movies Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak and Raakh.

Khan is also the brand ambassador for the tourism ministry's Incredible India campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment